Saturday, April 25, 2009

Careful, we have a jumper!

So Ari decided that jumping off the bed to the floor would be fun.  He jumped from the bed to his blanket on the floor while I attempted to zip a zipper.  That's what I get for trying to keep him happy while I get dressed.  He had been on the floor while I figured out what to wear but started complaining so I put him in the middle of the bed.  Stupid me!
My first thought was that we must get to the ER asap.  I called his grandfather to drive us to the hospital and the Rabbi to let him know what happened.  While on the phone,  Ari stopped crying and started talking to me and smiling and laughing so I called the Doctor's office.  His grandfather arrived and we got in the car as the doctor's office called me back.  No ER visit was needed.  They think he is probably fine since has has no bumps or bruises from his leap and is acting normally.  We have to watch him closely for the next 48 hours, but chances are good that he won't even remember taking 10 years off my life.  I was a child without fear which led to numerous ER visits, so my dad said it sounds like he takes after me.  You know what they say about payback...

No comments:

Post a Comment